Hon. Jason Fields, former State Representative, WI
In November of 2004, Jason M. Fields was elected to the Wisconsin State Legislature to represent the 11th Assembly District located on Milwaukee's northwest side and is currently in his fourth term in the State Assembly.
He also serves as President of GlobalEx, LLC, a Government Relations firm that specializes in Education Policy, International Relations, and small business financing alternatives.
Fields is acting Midwest Regional Director for the National Technology Adoption Advisory Council. His current biennial committee assignments include: Financial Institutions, ranking member; Jobs, Economy and Small Business; and, Insurance.
He is also a member of the Governor’s Read to Lead Task Force and the Council on Financial Literacy.
Representative Fields is a proud member of Prince Hall Masonic Lodge No.4 and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
He has been honored with several prestigious leaderships, trainings, and designations, such as:
- BIAW Legislative Achievement Award, 2012
- BAEO 2012 Ed Reform Champion Under 40
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of WI, Government Advocacy Award, 2012
- Seat Belt Champion Award, 2010
- Wisconsin Minority Supplier Development Council Award for Excellence, 2009
- Ohio Coalition for Quality Education, Putting Kids 1st Award, 2008
- Specialized Medical Vehicle Association of WI, Legislator of the Year Award, 2008
- Wisconsin Builders Association, Friends of Housing, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- WI League of Conservation Voters, Conservation Champion, 2008 & 2012
- Flemming Leadership Institute, Class of 2007
- Program for Emerging Political Leaders at the University of Virginia’s Darden
- School of Business Administration, Class of 2006
- Online Milwaukee, featured, 100 Milwaukeeans You Need to Know, 2006
- Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development, Class of 2005
- The Business Council, Black Business & Community Advocate Award, 2005
- Wisconsin Jaycees, Outstanding Young Wisconsinite Award, 2005
- Career Youth Development, Image Award, 2005
- Future Milwaukee Leadership Program, Class of 1996
Prior to being elected, Representative Fields held various positions in the financial and insurance industries. He has been a banker, stockbroker, financial advisor, and portfolio manager helping to manage approximately $100 million in business and private assets. He served as Vice-President of Matthews Financial Services, and was a licensed securities broker and investment-banking associate.
He was also honored to be selected by The Business Journal as one of “Milwaukee’s 40 under 40” in 2007.